I’ll be brief today. A post for the POM contest: POM glazed Salmon with Creamy Tofu Sauce:
Or, maybe I should give them a more artistic name: Salmon in the POM sea!
2. Salmon Steak
3. Tofu (1/2 cup)
4. Mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup)
5. Lemon juice
How to Make them:
1. Use food processor to blend 2/3 the pomegranate aril, filter out the seeds. Marinate sliced salmon with half of the pomegranate juice and cooking wine, for 20 minutes.
2. Blend tofu , mozzarella cheese , 1tsp of lemon juice and pepper until creamy smooth. Then stir in the 1/3 pomegranate’s arils.
3. Bake marinated salmon in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. in the mean time, heat the other half of the pomegranate juice in a small pan, and use corn starch to thicken the sauce.
5. Place the baked salmon at bottom, spread on the creamy tofu sauce and pomegranate aril mixture, and then pour in the thickened pomegranate juice to surround the salmon and creamy white tops. Done!
What’s special about it???
1. Use pomegranate to marinate salmon is a great idea. The juice is fresh, sweet and with a “lemon” style zest. Perfect for salmon.
2. The creamy tofu sauce tastes very creamy – just like those creamy white sauce, yet with much less fat and calories. blending in some pomegranate aril gives the sauce some surprising sweetness🙂
3. No need for sugar when we do the “pomegranate gravy”. The juice itself if perfectly sweetened and taste really fresh and zesty.