As it is getting warmer, I think I do need some chilllll(i)…..
This time is real stuff – I made chili exactly the same as the recipe on the box:
These are all you need :
1. 2.5 lb of beef
2. Chili kit, which comes with 7 individual package of : chili pepper, corn flour (for thickening, I didn’t use), oregano/cumin, onion/garlic powder, paprika, red pepper ( I used half ), and salt.
3. kidney beans,
4. 1 can of tomatoes (with juice) + water
5. Any veggies you like , I used 1 big white onion. But I guess carrot will work well too.
6. Optional : I am craving for some Parmesan cheese today instead of sour cream 😛
Okay…this pic may look a bit scary, yet this is how it look like while wildly boiling. The steps are pretty simple
1. Sautee beef, drain the fat ( I used 80/20, which is very juicy for chili)
2. Sautee the onion, add water, beef, can of tomatoes, and kidney beans (fully cooked), and secrete packages 🙂
3. Simmer for 30 min, until all flavor blends
Viola ~~~~ Please enjoy:
Did you happen to notice the special glass pot I store the chili ? It was a gift from lock&lock. I was fortunate enough to be selected as their “lock&lock supporters”. Lock&Lock is a company that makes things VERY important for students – I used and loved all their air-tight, perfectly sealed containers for almost 5 years when I bring lunch to the office.
This glass container is called a Borosilicate Glass pot, which is safe for microwave and oven cooking (gonna used to for roasting veggies and meat!).
It comes with the strainer:
The thing I like most is…..it looks so pretty that I can serve directly on the table, store in the fridge, and microwave without making a mess:-P
Yet the lid is not oven safe, which means I couldn’t used it as a casserole. But other than that, I am happy with this glass pot 🙂
Hope you like the chili in the pot: