Hey Dear Blog Friends!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM BACK!!!! Thank Goodness I am still ALIVE, after the dissertation proposal defense 🙂 even though my professors didn’t really “grill” me during the presentation, two hours on high heels, standing straight up, and spinning my brain power to answer all questions, draw my attention away completely from food (which is so abnormal for a foodie, hehhehehe :-P). And then, even crazier, my friends and I went out to Karaoke and celebrate!!!!!
can you imaging you spend all day talking talking talking, and spend all night singing and screaming????!!!! well, that’s what happened, and the consequence – I was extremely quiet during the whole weekend….just want to be by myself and NOT talking!
I hope all of you are doing well. I feel bad that I miss the interesting food creations during the last two weeks, but I will catch up with that ! always feel good when I come back to my favorite ‘research topic” — foooood!
So the meal before my defense – rainbow fried rice – my comfort food. I skip the BBQ that day, since the fried rice, a traditional Chinese food, would do a much better job to calm me down.
1. WHITE: brown rice, better over night rice.
2. BLACK: diced shiitake mushroom – for the smoking flavor, dice black fungus – for the crunchiness
3. RED: diced carrot
4. PINK: diced Chinese Sausage – a bit sweet, a bit fat, a bit salty, a bit smoky. can’t find a better alternative in the fried rice , for me , it’s a MUST!
5. GREEN: edammame – nutty , crunchy , high fiber 😀
6. YELLOW: 2 eggs, large. seasoning:salt , white pepper, and…. Dill ! Dill is a really interesting seasoning, somehow I can smell the creamy milky flavor whenever I added to the dish. I wish I know that earlier!
1. Sautee the chinese sausage first, when the oil extracts from the sausage, use that to flavor the eggs
2. sautee the mushroom, black fungus, and the edammame, then carrot
3. mix the rice in, sprinkle salt, pepper to taste ( for a about 5 minutes)
4. sprinkle the dills to garnish.
Viola!!! it’s my favorite rice dish – a BIG bowl , pleeeeease!
This week gonna be fun ! a Banquet dinner from the department, a lunch with a faculty discussing my paper (well, hope I can still enjoy the food!) , and a party on Saturday in my friend’s new house!! and , I will catching up on cooking and reading all your lovely blogs !