Where did I go??? Nowhere.
How come you are so slacking in posting??? No idea.
hehe Just being lazy, and overwhelmed by all the parties, friends gathering, AND enjoy the first X’mas that I officially celebrated in the U.S!!! alright…I will catch up , yah!
The average weight American gains during the holiday season is 10 pounds…well, mine is 2.5 pounds…(could you please not count that new year party??) :-p . But who can resist the temptation of the aroma in the holiday kitchen ? M’m , just can’t wait to talk about foooood !
The Shepherds Pie is my secrete weapon 😀 So for the holiday dinner, it is irreplaceable !!!
The dish is so easy to make, yet the presentation and the flavor definitely stand out in the dinning table!!
1. half pound of grounded beef (I use 75% lean – oh come on , its holiday, we need a bit nice flavors that comes out of that fat 😀 ) I didn’t use lamb – if you could find them! there are two things that I can never find in our local super market : one is duck (oh I miss it!), the other is lamb….
2. 1 big yellow onion , diced. carrot , diced; 2 Russel potatoes.
3. Soysauce, TJ’s grill seasoning, 2 tsp of butter, milk, pinch salt.
4. optional: I use some edamame – if that’s your favorite bean 😀
1. Brown the onion, and then sautéed the beef , carrot, edamame.
2. add 1 cup of water, and 3 tsp of soysauce, bring it to simmer for about 20 min…until you couldn’t resist the aroma ….
3. in the mean time, make the mashed potatoes.
Put the sauteed beef into a dish pan, gently press them. It will release lots of juice when it is baked in the oven. if you do not press it ……the juice will pops out and ruin the presentation of the potatoes ….
For the mashed potato, do it your own way 😀 I mashed them with 2 tsp of butter, and 1/4 of soymilk, pinch salt. oh yeah and 2 tsp of real mayo. haha….I am letting myself go a bit these days….
alright, last step :
oven, broil, for about 20 minutes.
Smells so good….but I have to wait until the party to eat them!
Gingerbread Coffee Bread
“TJ now has a Gingerbread coffee for you and your family to celebrate this wonderful holidays….”
right after heard it on the radio, we went straight to the TJ and get this Gingerbread coffee !! I had tried it Penera bread and Starbucks, and instantly enlisted it in my favorite hot drinks 😀 well you know that I am not a big fiend of coffee. maybe I am attracted by the gingerbread!!!!
Despite my limited tolerance level of caffeine, I can’t help brew 4 cups of this ginger bread coffee….I shared with my roommate who is so confused “I bet you got insomnia before you finish that big jar….” well. words taken. I stopped after one cup. and make the rest into a gingerbread coffee bread 😀
I have absolutely NO recipe to follow…its just the spur of the moment. I pour 2 cup of Gingerbread coffee into 3 cups of self rising flours, and literate amount of black rice and barleys. I find that putting barleys and black rice into the bread is a great idea to add some crunchiness.
I Knead the dough pretty hard and extreme patient 😀 bake them in the 350 oven for about 30 minutes. it surprise me when it comes out as a “bread”!!! I was intentionally make them into biscotti . shhhh….
Hey ! that’s very Gingerbread !!!! Enjoy!
and I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!!