As it is getting warmer, I think I do need some chilllll(i)…..
This time is real stuff – I made chili exactly the same as the recipe on the box:
These are all you need :
1. 2.5 lb of beef
2. Chili kit, which comes with 7 individual package of : chili pepper, corn flour (for thickening, I didn’t use), oregano/cumin, onion/garlic powder, paprika, red pepper ( I used half ), and salt.
3. kidney beans,
4. 1 can of tomatoes (with juice) + water
5. Any veggies you like , I used 1 big white onion. But I guess carrot will work well too.
6. Optional : I am craving for some Parmesan cheese today instead of sour cream
Okay…this pic may look a bit scary, yet this is how it look like while wildly boiling. The steps are pretty simple
1. Sautee beef, drain the fat ( I used 80/20, which is very juicy for chili)
2. Sautee the onion, add water, beef, can of tomatoes, and kidney beans (fully cooked), and secrete packages
3. Simmer for 30 min, until all flavor blends
Viola ~~~~ Please enjoy:
Did you happen to notice the special glass pot I store the chili ? It was a gift from lock&lock. I was fortunate enough to be selected as their “lock&lock supporters”. Lock&Lock is a company that makes things VERY important for students – I used and loved all their air-tight, perfectly sealed containers for almost 5 years when I bring lunch to the office.
This glass container is called a Borosilicate Glass pot, which is safe for microwave and oven cooking (gonna used to for roasting veggies and meat!).
It comes with the strainer:
The thing I like most is…..it looks so pretty that I can serve directly on the table, store in the fridge, and microwave without making a mess:-P
Yet the lid is not oven safe, which means I couldn’t used it as a casserole. But other than that, I am happy with this glass pot
Hope you like the chili in the pot: